Registration: Opens April 1, 2019!
We run so they can RIDE!
- Race Date: Saturday, September 14, 2019
- Location: Skyline Ranch, Elkhorn, NE
- Field Limit: 300 runners (all races combined)
- Course: 98% Off Road, Trail, and Cross Country; 2% Road
- Start Time: 8:15 a.m.
- Registration: Opens April 1, 2019 and closes on September 11, 2019 or once field limit has been reached (Shirts only guaranteed if registered through September 1)
- Registration only available at Packet Pickup or on Race Day if race is already not sold out.
- Early Bird Entry Fees:
- Half Marathon: $45
- 10K: $35
- 5K: $25
- Kids Run: $20
- Team Competition: See below
- Skyline Ranches is a residential community of horse owners on the western edge of Omaha, NE
- Field Limit is 300 runners
- Half Marathon = 2 laps
- 10K = 1 lap
- 5K = Individual course
- Kids run: 0.3M or 0.6M; 1-mile family walk
- Surface is 2% road; 98% off-road, trail, and cross country
Skyline Ranches XC Runs is a half marathon, 10K, 5K, and Cowpoke Kids Run. We also have a High School Competition and a Team Competition.
Your team’s combined average time will determine who wins the team competition. There are 3 categories: Men’s, Women’s and CoEd. CoEd must have exactly 3 women and 3 men. Email Dusten to submit your team.
Date & Start Times
Skyline Ranches XC Runs is on Saturday, September 14, 2019. First races start at 8:15 a.m.
There is a 3.5 hour cut off time for the half marathon.
Skyline Ranches XC Runs is timed by Be About Race Timing.
- Top Male and Female in each distance
- All finishers receive a medal!
Transfers & Refunds
Transfers to different race times may be approved at the discretion of the race director prior to the race date. ***Entries are non-refundable***
Travel & Lodging
There are a number of hotels within 15 minutes of Skyline Ranches. Below are a few convenient and nice options. Check here for a Google map of others in the area.
- Comfort Suites West Omaha (Omaha – 3.1 miles from Skyline Ranches): Address: 2500 S 192nd Ave, Omaha, NE 68130; Phone: (402) 991-3885
- Hilton Garden Inn (Omaha, approximately 3.4 miles from Skyline Ranches): Address: 17879 Chicago St, Omaha, NE 68118; Phone:(402) 289-9696
Skyline Ranches trails are a combination of trail and cross country running through both beautiful forested areas and magnificent horse ranches. There are short, challenging hills mixed with long, fast flats.
We have a simple aid station at the Start/Finish line, with Tailwind, water, oranges, bananas, and pretzels.
A designated drop bag area will be under the shelter at the start/finish area. Please mark your bags clearly with your name and bib number.
Average temperatures this time of year range from a low of 50 degrees to 82 degrees. Humidity levels are between 34% and 5%.
Race photos are always available here!
Dusten Crichton: email@example.com
Race Day Schedule
- Packet Pickup: 7-8 a.m.
- Pre-race Announcements: 8:05 a.m.
- 8:15 a.m.: Half Marathon and 10K
- 8:25 a.m.: 5K
- 10:30 a.m.: Kids Runs
- Skyline Ranches Park (285 S. 208th Street, Elkhorn, NE)
Follow This Race
Follow Skyline Ranches XC Runs on social media!
Skyline Ranches XC Runs Registration opens April 1, 2019.
April 1 – June 1: $45
June 2 – Sept 1: $55
Sept 2 – Sept 6: $65 (Registrations after September 1 cannot be guaranteed a shirt.)
Race day registrations (only if room available): $75
April 1 – June 1: $35
June 2 – Sept 1: $45
Sept 2 – Sept 6: $55 (Registrations after September 1 cannot be guaranteed a shirt.)
Race day registrations (only if room available): $65
April 1 – June 1: $25
June 2 – Sept 1: $35
Sept 2 – Sept 6: $45 (Registrations after September 1 cannot be guaranteed a shirt.)
Race day registrations (only if room available): $55
Cowpoke Kids Run/Walk:
April 1 – June 1: $20
June 2 – Sept 1: $25
Sept 2 – Sept 6: $30 (Registrations after September 1 cannot be guaranteed a shirt.)
Race day registrations (only if room available): $30
- Dri-Fit T
- Custom finisher medal
- Post race food and drink
What this race supports
Proceeds from Skyline Ranches XC Runs will go toward the Heartland Equine Therapeutic Riding Academy (HETRA) and St. Augustine Kids Program.
Since 2012, there have been 1,000 participants who have helped raise over $20,000 for the two organizations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will I see horses on the trails?
Possibly! If you do, remember that horses always have the right of way. Never come up on a horse and rider unannounced!
- How do I volunteer?
Shoot an email over to Race Director Dusten Crichton at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell him all about your desire to volunteer. He’ll get you hooked up in the right spot!
Want to get involved?
You know what makes awesome races more awesome? VOLUNTEERS. We can't do it without them, nor would we want to. If you want to be a Taunter with us, we'll put you to work.