A Fat Ass race, on gravel. Choose 30K or 60K!
- Race Date: Saturday, May 25, 2019
- Location: Skinny Bones Pumpkin Patch
- Start Time: 8 a.m.
- Registration: Opens April 1, 2019
- Entry Fees:
- None! Whatever you decide to donate on race day will be matched up to $1000 by the GOATz and donated to a local charity.
- Registration cap: n/a
- Skinny Bones Pumpkin Patch is located in Blair and is 26 minutes northwest of Omaha, NE
- Field Limit is n/a
- 60K = 2 Laps
- 30K = 1 laps
- Surface is 100% gravel
Gravel Classic is a 60K and 30K.
Date & Start Times
Gravel Classic is on Saturday, May 25, 2019. All races start at 8 a.m.
Since this is a “Fat Ass” race, there is no cut-off time.
There is no chip timing for this event.
- There are no medals or awards for this race.
Transfers & Refunds
It just doesn’t matter because you aren’t paying for this race!
Travel & Lodging
There are a number of hotels within 15 minutes of Schramm Park. Below are a few convenient and nice options. Check here for a Google map of others in the area.
- Oft’s Bed & Breakfast (Bennington – 9.3 miles from Skinny Bones): Address: 11523 N 156th St, Bennington, NE 68007; Phone: (402) 614-7509
- Rodeway Inn (Blair, approximately 7.9 miles from Skinny Bones): Address: 1355 South Highway 30, Blair, NE 68008; Phone: (402) 426-2340
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott (Omaha, approximately 8.5 miles from Skinny Bones): Address: 7101 N 102nd Cir, Omaha, NE 68122; Phone: (402) 999-8089
Course Direction & Map
Gravel Classic will be run in a counter-clockwise direction for the duration of the race. Please check out the link below for an online map of the course. The course is a 30 kilometer loop on the gravel back roads of Washington County. For those interested in the 60k, you will run the loop twice.
TJ Ernst: email@example.com
There is no Packet Pickup!
Race Day Schedule
- Pre-race briefing: 7:45ish a.m.
- Race Start: 8 a.m.
- Skinny Bones Pumpkin Patch (3935 NE 133, Blair, NE 68008)
Follow This Race
Follow Gravel Classic 60K & 30K Gravel Road Race on social media!
Gravel Classic 60K & 30K Registration opens in 2019.
There are no entry fees! This race is completely self-supported. Bring your own food and drink for the duration of the race.
Since this is a self-supported free race, there is no swag.
TJ Ernst: firstname.lastname@example.org
What this race supports
This race has been and will always be free. With that said, you will still need to go through the formal registration process on Ultrasignup.com so we are aware of how many will be running on race day.
Each year, the GOATz will match up to $1000 of all funds donated on race day and present a check to a select local charity following the race.
The 2019 charitable recipient is yet to be named.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a drop bag area?
The start/finish area will have a drop bag area for our 60k runners.
- Are there aid stations?
There will be 1-3 water stations on the course. Please be sure you have everything you need with you on race day and while you are on course.
- Is the course marked?
The course will be minimally marked, with arrows at all the turn points. We will have a couple volunteers monitoring the course to ensure everyone’s safety. Being minimally supported, it is your responsibility to study and understand the course prior to race day.
- Can we have a crew for this race?
We ask that you not have any additional support vehicles on the roads with the other runners. If you need extra support on the course, please have someone waiting for you at the designated water stops.
- Do I have to donate?
Because this is a “no-entry-fee” race, you are under no obligation to donate. But we also know that GOATz are extremely generous people and we believe many of you will want to give back in some way. That is why we are giving you an opportunity to donate to a local organization.
- What is a “Fat Ass” race?
Fat Ass races are those that are loosely organized, have no race fees, no race medals, no chip timing, and no awards. They are put on by passionate runners who love a sense of adventure. Driven by the desire to create a GOATz event that caters to those who believe running a race shouldn’t cost an arm and a leg, the Gravel Classic will give runners a chance to experience a unique and challenging venue, while embracing the simplicity and purity of running.
Want to get involved?
You know what makes awesome races more awesome? VOLUNTEERS. We can't do it without them, nor would we want to. If you want to be a Taunter with us, we'll put you to work.