Registration: Opens January 2019!
Omaha’s original 50K: a good first 50K race.
- Race Date: Sunday, October 20, 2019
- Location: Glenn Cunningham Lake
- Start Time: 8 a.m.
- Registration: Opens January 23, 2019
- Early Bird Entry Fees:
- 50K: $70
- 21 mile: $60
- 10.5 mile: $45
- 5 mile: $35
- Registration cap: 500 total runners
- Glenn Cunningham Lake is located in northwest Omaha, NE
- Field Limit is 500 runners combined
- 50K = 3 laps
- 21 mile = 2 laps
- 10.5 mile = 1 lap
- 5 mile = desigated course
- Surface is 10% road, 90% trail
- Elevation change per loop = approximately 1,500’
GOATz Trail Runs is a 50K, 21 mile, 10.5 mile, and 5 mile race.
50K Mashup Series
The GOATz 50k is the final race in the 50k Mashup SLAM, a series of 5 Midwest trail runs. Click here for more information!
Date & Start Times
GOATz Trail Runs is TENTATIVELY on Sunday, October 20, 2019. Start times are as follows:
- 50K: 8 a.m.
- 21M & 10.5M: 8:10 a.m.
- 5M: 8:15 a.m.
We allow a strict 9-hour cut-off for all distances. If it looks you will not be able to finish your final loop in the remaining time, you will not be allowed back on course and will be dropped to the closest lower distance.
Family or friends are welcome to accompany their runner for the last lap of the GOATz 50K.
GOATz Trail Runs is timed by Be About Race Timing.
- 50K: Top 3 female, Top 3 male
- 21 Mile: Top 3 female, Top 3 male
- 10.5 Mile: Top female, Top male
- 5 Mile: Top female, Top male
All runners receive a finisher’s medal upon completion of any distance (including drop-downs).
Transfers & Refunds
Transfers to different race distances may be approved at the discretion of the race director prior to the race date. For upgrades, you will pay the difference of cost. For downgrades, you will not receive a refund. ***Entries are non-refundable.***
Travel & Lodging
There are a number of hotels within 15 minutes of Glenn Cunningham Lake. Below are a few convenient and nice options. Check here for a Google map of others in the area.
No need for a park pass! We take care of that for you on race day only.
Glenn Lake Cunningham (“Lake C”) is a tree-lined 1438+ acre park with rolling hills and scenic views of the lake. The trail is mostly single track and equestrian trails with stretches of mowed grass that wind in and out of wooded areas. The course will be well marked with directional arrows, orange tape, and ground markings.
The GOATz Trail Runs 50K, 21M, and 10.5M are all run on the same 10.5-mile loop. Click here for a larger version that opens in a new browser tab.
The GOATz Trail Runs 5M is run on a separate segment of the Lake Cunningham trail system. Click here for a larger version that opens in a new browser tab.
There will be 2 fully stocked, buffet-style aid stations at the Start/Finish and Halfway Point. There are 2 unmanned water stops at approximately mile 2.5 and mile 8 of each loop. Unmanned water stations are cupless. No bottle, no drinky. You must have a hydration device.
- Beverages: water, Tailwind Electrolyte Drink, Coke, Gingerale, Sprite
- Endurance foods: Honey Stinger Gels, Endurolytes
- Fruit: oranges, bananas
- Salty Snacks: potato chips, pretzels, pickle spears
- Sweet Snacks: gummy bears, chocolate, Oreos, fig bars, candy corn
- Real Food: sandwiches or tortilla wraps with your choice of peanut butter, jelly, turkey meat, cheese; chicken broth, Ramen noodles, potatoes with salt
A designated drop bag area will be under a tent in the start/finish area. Please mark your bags clearly with your name and bib number.
Average temperatures this time of year range from a low of 41 degrees to a high of 58 degrees. Temps have reached near 70 degrees twice during our race series. It’s imperative you remain hydrated before, during, and after the race.
Race photos are always available here!
Kim Bultsma: firstname.lastname@example.org
Early Packet Pickup
- Saturday, October 19, 2019
- 1 – 6 p.m.
- OrthoNebraska (2808 S. 143rd Plaza, Omaha, NE 68154. There are two buildings on the corner of 144th & Center; we’ll be in the brown building that backs up to Center. Packet pickup will be in the room right behind the waterfall in the lobby area of the hospital.)
Race Day Packet Pickup
- Sunday, October 20, 2019
- 6:45 – 7:30 a.m.
- Glenn Cunningham Lake
Race Day Schedule
- Packet Pickup: 6:45-7:30 a.m.
- Pre-race Announcements: 7:45 a.m.
- National Anthem: We’ll all sing together at 7:55 a.m.
- Race Start Times:
- 50K: 8 a.m.
- 21M & 10.5M: 8:10 a.m.
- 5M: 8:15 a.m.
Lake Cunningham Campground on the north side of the lake (8152 Rainwood Road OR 8305 Rainwood Road Entrance 10, Omaha, NE).
Directions From I-680
- Exit at 72nd Street
- Drive North on 72nd Street for 0.6 miles
- Turn Left (west) on Rainwood Road, drive for 0.8 miles
- Campground will be on your left
Directions From Highway 36 (Bennington Road)
- Drive South on 84th Street for 1 mile
- Turn Left (east) on Rainwood Road, drive for 0.2 miles
- Campground will be on your right
Use the addresses above when entering into your GPS. We can’t guarantee other addresses you may find online for the campground!
Follow This Race
Follow GOATz Trail Runs 50K on social media!
GOATz Trail Runs 50K Registration opens in January 2019. We are currently waiting for the city of Omaha to confirm the date!
- January 1 – June 15: $70
- June 16 – August 31: $80
- September 1 – October 1: $90 (Registrations after October 1 will not be guaranteed a shirt.)
- January 1 – June 15: $60
- June 16 – August 31: $70
- September 1 – October 1: $80 (Registrations after October 1 will not be guaranteed a shirt.)
- January 1 – June 15: $45
- June 16 – August 31: $55
- September 1 – October 1: $65 (Registrations after October 1 will not be guaranteed a shirt.)
- January 1 – June 15: $35
- June 16 – August 31: $40
- September 1 – October 1: $45 (Registrations after October 1 will not be guaranteed a shirt.)
- Custom finishers medal
- Arm sleeves
- Dry bag
50K & 21M:
- Long sleeve hooded shirt
10.5M & 5M:
- Short sleeve shirt
What this race supports
Proceeds from the GOATz Trail Runs go into the general GOATz fund to help the local trail systems (including Schramm!). The G.O.A.T.z are also committed to providing our time and energy to help better the Schramm trail system.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is this a good “first” 50K race?
Yes! With a generous 9-hour cutoff, plenty of seasoned ultra runners working as volunteers, and the allowance of a pacer for the final lap makes this a great “first” 50K race!
- Are the trails closed to the public during the race?
No. You may be sharing the trails with the equestrian community. If you come upon horses, it is your responsibility to announce your presence and ALWAYS give them the right of way.
- Are there any bathrooms on the course?
Yes! We will have porta-potties available at the Start/Finish line, and there will also be porta-potties available at the halfway point aid station at mile 5.
- Are there locations for spectators?
Yes! Glenn Cunningham Lake provides for a number of viewing locations. Roads leading into the park are all labeled as “Park Road”. Please refer to the “Course Info” section above for locations. If you prefer to hang out at the Start/Finish, bring a chair, get comfortable, and cheer on your runner and others. Of course, runners always have the right of way and may be crossing some of the roads. Please drive slowly and responsibly.
- How do I volunteer?
Shoot an email over to Race Director Kim Bultsma at email@example.com and tell her all about your desire to volunteer. She’ll get you hooked up in the right spot!
Want to get involved?
You know what makes awesome races more awesome? VOLUNTEERS. We can't do it without them, nor would we want to. If you want to be a Taunter with us, we'll put you to work.