Registration: Opens January 1, 2019!
3ish mile loops of uphill and downhill trails. On the Summer Solstice. Run, walk or crawl at your own pace. Stop, take a break…heck, take a nap. It’s up to you. You have 3, 6, or 12 hours to go as far as you can. Easy!
- Race Date: Saturday, June 22, 2019
- Location: Schramm State Park
- Start Time: 7 a.m.
- Registration: Opens January 1, 2019
- Early Bird Entry Fees:
- 3-Hour: $50
- 6-Hour: $75
- 12-Hour: $90
- 12-Hour 4-person relay: $200
- Registration cap: 300 total runners
- Schramm State Park is 20 minutes southwest of Omaha, NE
- Field Limit is 300 runners
- Choose from 12, 6, or 3 hour races.
- Surface is 10% asphalt, 90% trail
- 3.25 mile loops
- 600′ Elevation Change Per Loop
- 1 Aid Station
- 2 Water Stops
- Varied Directions
The Dizzy GOAT is not a distance race but a timed race. Runners choose to run 3, 6, or 12 hours. The course consists of a 3.25 mile loop that is run clockwise and then counter-clockwise.
This year’s event will have a 12-hour team relay with proceeds donated to MS.
12-Hour Relay Beneficiary: Multiple Sclerosis Program at the University of Nebraska Medical Center.
As a cause that is near and dear to many GOATz’ hearts, registration fees from the 12-hour relay will be used to sponsor fitness memberships to local individuals living with Multiple Sclerosis. Many living with MS want to stay active but are unable to due to financial or physical limitations.
The programs who will receive a donation are:
Each team will consist of 4 runners. Each runner will run for 3 hours, completing as many laps as possible in their allotted time. Then, they will pass off their baton to the next runner to complete his/her 3-hour run.
12-Hour Relay Registration:
- $200 per team January 1-April 7
- $225 per team April 8-June 9
Date & Start Times
Dizzy GOAT is on Saturday, June 22, 2019. Each race begins at a different time, but all races end at the same time. The start times are as follows:
- 12-hour/12-hour relay: 7 a.m.
- 6-hour: 1 p.m.
- 3-hour: 4 p.m.
All races for the Dizzy GOAT end at 7 p.m. If you cannot finish a loop in the allotted time left before that time, you will not be allowed back on course and will receive your medal at that time.
Dizzy GOAT is timed by Be About Race Timing. All races will be chip timed. See race day guide for instructions. Results will be posted on UltraSignup within 3 days of completion of the races.
- Longest Distance Overall (Top 3 in all 3 races)
Transfers & Refunds
- Transfers to different race times may be approved by a race director prior to the race.
- Entries are non-refundable.
Travel & Lodging
There are a number of hotels within 15 minutes of Schramm Park. Below are a few convenient and nice options. Check here for a Google map of others in the area.
- Super 8 (Gretna – 5 miles from Schramm): Address: 14355 Hwy 31, Gretna, NE 68028; Phone: (800) 536-0519
- Courtyard by Marriott (La Vista, approximately 15 miles from Schramm): Address: 12560 Westport Pkwy, La Vista, NE 68128; Phone: (402) 339-4900
- Embassy Suites (La Vista, approximately 15 miles from Schramm): Address: 12520 Westport Pkwy, La Vista, NE 68128; Phone: (402) 331-7400
Get your Nebraska State Parks Pass here!
Schramm Park State Recreation Area is a unique geologic and botanical area with a spectacular view of the Platte River Valley. The nature trail winds through rugged and hilly woodlands and is a mix of crush-limestone, dirt and scenic suspension bridges. Each loop will alternate the direction of travel offering a “dizzy” and unique spirit of camaraderie.
In case you get “dizzy”, the course will be well marked with flags, tape, and arrows. Two colors will indicate the direction of travel, which will change after each completed loop.
There are 2 aid stations: at the Start/Finish and at Motivation Station, approximately 1.75 miles into each loop of the race.
There is no other way to describe Motivation Station other
than fun, and maybe just a little bit necessary. Our Motivation Station captains are experienced ultra-veterans who are there to serve you. While they are a fun bunch, they will also monitor your condition for your safety and that of the other runners. Because of its proximity to the start/finish area, there will be no food; however, water, Hammer Heed, and ice will be available.
The Start/Finish aid station will have a spread of food available, from oranges and bananas to watermelon, pretzels, pickles, and much more.
A designated drop bag area will be under a tent in the start/finish area. Please mark your bags clearly with your name and bib number.
Average temperatures this time of year range from a low of 64 degrees to 90 degrees. It is usually humid. It’s imperative you remain hydrated before, during, and after the race.
Race photos are always available here!
Matt Randle: firstname.lastname@example.org
Race Day Schedule
Race Start Times:
- 7 a.m. for 12-hour race
- 1 p.m. for 6-hour race
- 4 p.m. for 3-hour race
Race Day Check-In:
- 6 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Mandatory check-in at least 30 minutes prior to race start.
- All races finish at 7 p.m.
Awards Ceremony & Post Race Gathering:
- 7:15 p.m.
- Food & beverages provided
- Schramm State Park (21502 NE-31, Gretna, NE 68028)
Follow This Race
Follow Dizzy GOAT on social media!
The Dizzy GOAT 3/6/12 Hour Trail Race Registration opens on January 1, 2019.
- January 1 -April 7: $50
- April 8 – June 9: $60 (Registrations after June 1 cannot be guaranteed a shirt.)
- January 1 -April 7: $75
- April 8 – June 9: $85 (Registrations after June 1 cannot be guaranteed a shirt.)
- January 1 -April 7: $90
- April 8 – June 9: $100 (Registrations after June 1 cannot be guaranteed a shirt.)
12-Hour 4-Person Relay:
- January 1 -April 7: $200
- April 8 – June 9: $225 (Registrations after June 1 cannot be guaranteed a shirt.)
- Wicking T-Shirt
- Custom Finishers Medal
- Race Bracelet
- Post Race Food & Drink
- Incredible Aid Stations
Matt Randle: email@example.com
What this race supports
Proceeds from Dizzy GOAT go into the general GOATz fund to help the local trail systems (including Schramm!). The G.O.A.T.z are also committed to providing our time and energy to help better the Schramm trail system.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a requirement for number of loops to run?
You need to complete 1 lap per hour.
- Since the course is so short and there are 2 aid stations, do I need to have a hydration device?
YES. You are required to have at least 1 hydration device with you for the duration of this race. Since it tends to be extremely hot and humid this time of year, it’s required that you carry a hydration device with you at all times.
- Do you allow pacers for this race?
Limited pacing is allowed, however, due to the growth of the Dizzy GOAT we must ask that you have no more than one additional person at a time on the trail with you. This is especially important later in the day when all runners are present.
- How do I volunteer?
Shoot an email over to Race Director Matt Randle at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell him all about your desire to volunteer. He’ll get you hooked up in the right spot!
- How will I know what direction I’m going?
The Dizzy GOAT course will be run both directions. Odd numbered loops will run clockwise and be marked with PINK flags. Remember to keep pink flags and tape to your right. Even numbered loops will run counterclockwise and be marked with GREEN flags – Remember to keep green flags and tape on your right.
In order to keep track of your laps and direction, all runners will be given a PINK silicone wristband at Race Day Check In. PINK wristbands indicate odd/clockwise loops, whereas GREEN wristbands indicate even/counterclockwise loops. The different colors will allow course monitors to guide runners in the proper direction, as well as help other runners identify with those heading in the same direction.
Want to get involved?
You know what makes awesome races more awesome? VOLUNTEERS. We can't do it without them, nor would we want to. If you want to be a Taunter with us, we'll put you to work.